Saturday, December 03, 2005

Dumb Rat

Werner Erhard used to tell a story about the difference between human beings and rats. Take one of each and show them cheese at the end of a tunnel. Then the next time you put them in the maze, remove the cheese. After a few unsuccessful tries, the rat gives up and gets on with some other project. The human being will keep looking forever.

DailyKos was off line most of the day for some unscheduled unannounced maintenance. Rat that I am, I probably tried a half dozen times to log on, only to be thwarted ("connection to DailyKos refused"). Thank God it's back up so I no longer have to keep checking down that empty tunnel...

Meanwhile, I bought a DVD recorder w. VHS - my goal is to dub the pile of home movies, etc onto DVDs so I can preserve them better, distribute them to the kids and in general get rid of the heap of video cassettes. The manual needs a decoder ring, so I'm still working up to the burning of a DVD. BUT, for some unknown reason, I can now get a whole bunch of TV stations I never had access to before, including the Weather Channel, Comedy Central (The Daily Show!), A&E, History, Discovery etc. So that is very cool. Will this make me entice me to watch more than one hour of TV a month?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home