Monday, June 27, 2005

Progressive Toastmasters on the web

The domain name ProgressiveVoices was already taken so I got us www.progressivetoastmasters.org. Found us a web host at ipowerweb which costs only $95 a year, including regisration of our domain, so we're up and running.

My intention is to make it a site that will be useful both for our local club, but also to connect with any existing clubs (I found one, in Manhattan - "GreenSpeakers") and help progressive club wannabe's get started.

I've never created a website before so there's a lot I still don't understand about the technology. The free template I'm using is pretty dorky - but free is good. I've just begun to flesh it out some of the pages, which will include lots of useful links.

Don't yet know how to
  • post documents I've created in Word or Excel
  • include photos or graphics on the page where I want them
  • change the line spacing
  • etc etc etc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home