Thursday, June 16, 2005

Suitcase-free in Austin

Memo to self: Do not travel at the beginning of summer vacation when the entire world wants to fly somewhere. Despite getting up at 5am and hightailing it to the airport for a 6:45 flight, I was thwarted all the way - jammed parking lot, overloaded airport bus, ridiculous lines even for the checkin kiosks - and after elbowing my way (with permission) to the front of the line I was one minute late in punching in and had to be re-booked.  So much for an anticipated evening enjoying Austin's famous music scene.  My new flight got in at 10:30 pm, not 5.  (Oh, and I almost missed that one too, because even at noon PDX was a zoo. If I hadn't been called aside for a patdown I'd never have made it through the inspection line!)
 
Actually - I got in, but my luggage did not. (And I had a feeling it wouldn't show up, for some reason...) American gave me a little kit with hairspray and a toothbrush, but no clean undies. No makeup. I'll be amazed if my bag arrives before I have to go to my meeting in the morning, so I'll just be a rumpled old frump. Have to go on sheer magnetic personality. Grr.
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home