Friday, July 15, 2005

I had a dream about GW Bush...

In my dream, Bush stands weeping before his staff. He has a gun to his temple and is preparing to kill himself.

"Why, George, why??" someone implores him. "Why now? We're SO close to controlling all branches of the government and the private lives of America's citizens. We're SO close to completing the merger between America and Big Business. And we're SO close to making fundamentalist Christianity America's Official Religion."

"It's all coming unglued," he says. "I am not smart enough to keep the lies straight any more. And once Karl starts talking, I know that he'll spill the beans on the rest of us to protect his own ass. Without Karl, I am nothing. I know they'll get Dick and Rummy next. Then me. It would be better to die than suffer the mortifiction."

Someone else says, "But what about the War on Terror? You said you'd see it through."

George begins sobbing. "Soldiers are soldiers. They agree to risk death when they go to war. But those little kids last week...." Tears stream down his cheeks. "All they wanted was some candy."

He pulls himself together for a moment, draws a bead on Cheney and fires.
Before anyone can stop him he also shoots Rumsfield.
The secret police pounce on him and haul him off to prison where Karl is already waiting.

I wake up smiling.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh oh. I think you need to get more.

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops -- that came out wrong. Though that may be part of the problem, what I meant was: I think you need to get OUT more.

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so out of touch with reality it's pathetic. Really, you make me cry.

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home